A decision to build a plant in Saransk for manufacturing normals of sensing elements is made as per the Decree of the CPSU Central Committee and the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 106 dated August 24,1956. Plant workers made their first steps in the industry by the issue of the first batch of bellows on July 19, 1959. To the end of 1959 the plant was already capable to produce 17 typical sizes of bellows. Initially, these were bellows and membranes used in various industrial and technical sectors, constituting the core products of the company.
In 1963 the first comprehensive device products were developed: devices for measuring the speed of machines and mechanisms – tachometers. 90 new types of products were developed and over 60 ones were upgraded until 1975. In the course of these monumental missions, PJSC “Saransk Instrument Works” got strong and strengthened its unique creative and scientific potential.
Genrikh Lvovich Kligerman was the Head of the plant from 1963 to 1988. Under his direction the plant became one of the leaders of instrument manufacture. For superior operational performance the plant won the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and Genrikh Lvovich was given a title of laureate of State prize of the USSR, awarded the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.
On December 14, 1982 by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR, the plant was given the title “named after the 60th Anniversary of the USSR”, the only enterprise of the Republic of Mordovia, the best in the Ministry of Instrument-Making, Automation Facilities and Control Systems of the USSR.
In the period of market transformations the plant faced a lot of difficulties. Nevertheless, the plant managed to preserve its design and process potential, and to upgrade process equipment.
At present, the plant is specialized in design and manufacture of devices for oil and gas complex, nuclear, chemical, metallurgical industry, machine building, food manufacturing, public services. The core activities of Public Joint Stock Company “Saransk Instrument Works” are as follows:
Products manufactured by PJSC “SIW” comply with the requirements of the Russian law and Standards, that is approved by the appropriate certificates and licenses of the Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology of the RF. Quality management system complies with requirements of GOST RV 0015-002-2012 and GOST ISO 9001-2011.